Tuesday 2 November 2010

What's the point of this blog?

Now I probably posted something similar on this subject back in 2008 when I started this erratic blog.  But I can't be bothered to look back and check.

I just wanted to say that this blog is about:

1) Pen & Paper (P&P) roleplaying games.
2) Game design in general, including video games

There is a crossover there.  I'm a  firm believer that good game design is not necessarily platform specific.  And things learnt in one medium can frequently be utilised (perhaps with suitable modification) in another.

As in P&P narrative and story feature so highly on my list of 'things one must do well' - I'll probably also bring in some devices used in good TV shows and film.  Because these may also influence game design.

Yes, I know the title kind of suggests its all about P&P, but it isn't.  Try and see P&P as the bedrock of game design.  And if I think of a title which adequately encompasses all I want to witter on about, I'll let you know... and alter things accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your brains here...