Saturday 3 August 2013

The Next Big Thing

Continuing a little from my last post which touched on the subject of body-swapping, I also like the idea of providing players with the ability to steal the shapes of other creatures.  Not just at the point of death, but also as a deliberate quest-line. 

I have this idea where sorcerers deliberately summon daemons in order to steal their bodies and provide themselves with a monstrous shape to bumble around in.  And by bumble around I mean adventure.

I also think it would be nicely different to provide players with the option of playing as virtually anything in the game.  Trot round as a dog for awhile.  If you handle the knock-on interactions effectively, entire story-lines and certainly particular quests could require one to acquire a different form.  Dogs might go unnoticed where a person would be asked for their papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your brains here...